MEANINGFUL WORSHIP AT ADARE
One of the agreed Core Values for Adare is Meaningful Worship.
Within this, we endeavour to convey a feeling of joy and awe. We believe worship is a celebration of the transforming power of Jesus. We convey God’s truth as expressed in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, and how that is lived by ordinary and extraordinary people today.
Worship endeavours to be inclusive, creative/innovative, flexible, memorable, and experiential.
The focal point of worship is our God, so leaders of worship will endeavour to model humility and guide worshipers towards healing, hope and reconciliation with our God and with each other.
We exercise a ministry of loving hospitality so that those who attend worship experience grace, acceptance, encouragement, and loving service that draws them into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
We offer a ministry of prayer, praise, hope, healing, teaching and grace, so people are led into a more vital and spiritually deep encounter with the risen Christ that leads to effective Christian service in his name. We exercise the gifts of the Spirit with appropriate sensitivity (see 1 Corinthians 12 -14.). Church Council will appoint a Coordinator for 2019 at the first opportunity.
PRAYER with WORSHIP
You are always invited to gather for prayer before the service each Sunday in the small meeting room. If you wish to pray for others, our church, the service or have your own prayer needs, come along at 9.00 am.
Prayer is also available following worship at the rear of the church in the northeast corner. Someone will be there to pray with you.
The prayer group meet each Tuesday morning at 11.00 am in the small meeting room. Please contact Helen Beck on 8552 8538 for more information.
Three prayer chains operate at Adare. If you have a request for prayer or praise for answered prayer, please contact the prayer chain Coordinator, Athalie Ford on 8552 9671 or 0427 984 134.
PRAYER AND WORSHIP COORDINATORS
Peter Cranwell is the Prayer coordinator for Adare Uniting Church
Lorraine Carbins is the Worship coordinator.
They encourage, guide and facilitate in the area of Prayer and Worship as listed.
Prayer Ministry at Adare:
- The 3 Prayer Chains
- Intercessory Prayer Group
- Prayer Calendar
- Prayer before and after each Sunday Worship
- To roster Prayer people for each Sunday.
Worship Ministry at Adare:
- Encourage Worship Leaders, singers and musicians in leading worship that is celebratory in style, flexible, inclusive, creative, humble and sensitive.
- Provide guidance with song choices and other worship related resources where necessary
- Prepare Orders of Worship for Worship Leaders and the Office each month.
- Prepare Large Words for new songs when necessary
- Roster preparation for Prayer People, Worship Leaders, Singers, Data Projector Operators and Pianists.
- Liaise with Church Council where necessary.